Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 8 - Wednesday March 18

I heard a crucial thing today. Being full of resolutions means little if one makes no decisions.

Previous night's sleep - 7 hours - on track - start/stop - poor

Consumption - during work - on track - after work - lacking


Breakfast - 1 bowl of cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almonds with light soy milk
Snack - 2-3 wedges canteloupe
Lunch - romaine with light caesar dressing + diced ham, croutons. side of chicken salad w/ raisins and sunflower seeds
Snack - the rest of the chicken salad
Snack - post workout - small fuji apple
Snack - a slice of cheese pizza from EndZone - credit Visa
Dinner - A three cheese chicken pasta dish - Bird's eye Voila - (wasn't that good - I ended up adding some diced roma tomato, smoked gouda, and heavy cream - ridiculously good - the smoked gouda tastes like bacon), two small cookies - progress ==> didn't finish the pasta, will eat the rest tomorrow at work

Workout - Cardio - on track - goal - 1 hour @ 60% of max heart rate
33 minutes on the elliptical - avg. heart rate 130. (120 is 60% of my max heart rate)
I need to stretch more before and after.

I was not going to workout today, I felt myself starting to get sick in the morning, but by the afternoon, I was over it. Still sore from Monday. My roommate is sick, I think it made me paranoid.


Today was a good day. Got a lot of work done. Prepped some food for the burgers and hot dogs to be served tomorrow at work at the financial fair.

I definitely am coming to realize that I am passionate about food. Not just about consumption, but the creation of. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat, but knowing how to make great food brings a smile to my face. I have spent hours planning and preparing food - in the past 7 days, more than 15 hours - without getting paid for it. But the opportunity and the experience make it worthwhile. The next 90 day challenge will be to start a catering/personal chef business. Possible business name - Junes Happens, a culinary venture. Need to come up with a mantra and tag lines. I figure overhead would be minimal - I have a kitchen, pots, pans, and cutlery. Variable costs would be food and how much I charge for labor. Profit a function of food margins charged and labor cost. Possible business models:

  • Catering meals for small parties.
  • Showing people how to cook food.
  • Preparing meals in advance for people - students/people on the go.
  • Helping people to budget food.
  • Doing food for people camping out/bbq's/beach outings.
  • Throwing a food party for a client and their guests where we cook the food and get to eat it - like a pizza party - I show them how to cook the pizza - or a sauce party - we get together and make a large amount of sauce for the guests to take home - like marinara.

Possible tag lines/mantras - Making Great Food Accessible. Bringing the family back to Dinner. We'll come over for dinner. We'll come over with dinner. We provide the effort. Fud.

Any thoughts, concerns, issues, personal vendettas, comments, suggestions?

Takeaway - Inspiration without fortitude is damnation.


No comments:

Post a Comment