Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 15 - Wednesday March 25

Previous night's sleep - 5.5hours - bad - start/stop - mediocre - went to bed at 1am woke up at 6:30am

Consumption - good during business hours, bad after

Post workout - Whey + water
Breakfast - 1 bowl of cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almonds with light soy milk
Snack - a couple of chili+lime almonds
Lunch - chicken breast w/ some kind of sherry sauce - gravy like consistency, brown rice, broccoli, and a small roll w/ butter
Snack - small banana
Dinner - 1 english muffin + 7oz (dry weight) shells w/ cheese - a smoked gouda, heavy cream, cracked black pepper, garlic powder, salt

Workout - 7am - Cardio - goal met
1 hour on the elliptical machine at greater than 60% max heart rate (125+ on avg) - interval setting, 2 minutes low resistance, low incline, 2 minutes high resistance, high incline

I hope to workout tomorrow before work. If I can get into the habit of working out in the mornings consistently, I will not miss or cut them short after work because of obligations as I do not have any outstanding obligations b/n 7am and 9am.

The bad news is the food. Yes, I am doing better, but the urge to finish what I have in front of me and tonight that hankering for the smoked gouda mac'n cheese just hit me. After work, I shopped for about 1 1/2 hours at Harris Teeter and Food Lion. (Some friends of mine rented a house at lake Anna for this weekend and we're gonna have a cookout. Current budget exceeds $200 - working budget - actual - is about $180. No matter, I don't mind paying extra for good food.) I was essentially starving for about an hour, the snack I had after lunch just didn't cut it. No extra protein before bed tonight due to the gastro error for dinner. Next time, I will dish the food out into a bowl/plate instead of eating it from the pot I cooked it in. Meh.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Takeaway - smoked gouda tastes like bacon - would taste better w/ bacon - I've had smoked gouda mac'n cheese w/ bacon and it was the best mac'n cheese I've ever had in my life. Epic. Credit - Charlie + Timberwood

No comments:

Post a Comment