Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 7 - Fat Tuesday - March 17

Sleep - 7 hours - on track - start/stop - poor

Consumption - on track at work - poor after work

Breakfast - 1 bowl of cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almonds with light soy milk
Snack - 2-3 wedges canteloupe, 10 almonds (roasted and salted)
Lunch - romaine with light caesar dressing
Snack - 2-3 wedges canteloupe
Snack - medium vanilla milkshake and a bacon bleu roastburger from Arby's - buy a drink and get the sandwich free
Dinner - 16 wings - 8 red hot and bleu + 8 boss - Wild Wing Cafe - 2 bleu cheese dips + celery
Snack - funny, I wanted McDonald's soft serve, when I pulled up to the drive through, they told me they were out - not as bad as the time I went to Starbuck's and they told me they were out of coffee...went home, had 6 or 7 chocolate and white fudge cookies w/ some milk. Then had some Thai omelet, rice, chicken and tomatoes - credit Visa.


I am continued to be amazed at the kindness of others - that someone with seemingly little gives so freely of what he has.

Also, today, a man I hold in high respect paid me a compliment - suffice it to say that he said he respects me and sees the good I do.

Lesson of the day - putting things off is bad. It has taken me so much time to write the updates from Friday to today that I had to take a smoke break.

Commitment - do my taxes this weekend.

Progress - so, overall, I continue to do a lot better than I have. Have I achieved perfection? Dominance? Far from it, but it is not the goal so much as the path. The action I take everyday defines who I am, for that moment and in the future. The actions of the past guarantee nothing but can lean me toward a particular direction. I hope to stay attached to the process and not the outcome. With that in mind, and my projected sleep at about 6.5 hours, I am going to bed.

Oh, I watched Blades of Glory today and it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment