Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Course Description: Day 1

So today, which has already become tomorrow, was day 1. The first day of becoming healthy. I have become too fat, too sedentary. I could go on and on about why I have become that way, but instead will outline a plan of action to correct what has happened. For the next 89 days and hopefully continuously for my life, I hope to achieve better health through exercise and better eating habits.

Guidelines:

1. Eat better. Monday through Friday, I will try to eat extremely healthy, with an allowance for some leeway on the weekends.

2. Exercise. I commit to exercise at least 3 days a week, hopefully more.

3. Get more sleep. I commit to getting at least 7 hours of sleep per night.

4. Stick with it, as with most things, it's pretty easy to simply think about changing. I need to take action and keep my eye on the prize: a healthier lifestyle.

Day 1 - 246lbs

Breakfast - 1 bowl of cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almonds with light soy milk
Snack - 1 banana
Lunch - tossed salad with light caesar dressing w/ some roasted chicken salad
Snack - after working out - a small fuji apple
Dinner - broccoli steamed then sauteed in olive oil with some oyster sauce, 2 wedges of cantaloupe

Workout
Dumbbell Press - Incline - 3x10 40lbs
Dumbbell Row - on a bench - 3x10 35lbs
Butterfly (Machine) - 2x10, 1 set of 9
Lat Pull Downs - 3x10 90, 100, 110
Dumbbell Press - gradually declining incline - 3x10 40lbs
Seated Rows - 3x10 90, 100, 110
Sit-ups - decline bench - 3x30
Cardio on elliptical - 13 min total - 8 min of 2 min slow and 2 min flat out - 5 min cool down
Cardio goal - 60 min at 60% heart rate - parallel goal 20 min at 80%

No comments:

Post a Comment