Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 2

Previous night's sleep - approximately 7 hours - on track

Consumption - on track during the day, nighttime, notsomuch

Breakfast - 1 bowl of cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almonds with light soy milk
Snack - 1 banana
Lunch - tossed salad with light caesar dressing w/ some roasted chicken salad
Snack - 4 wedges of cantaloupe
Snack - large fuji apple - I didn't get to dinner until 10:15pm - I was busy
Dinner - broccoli steamed then sauteed in olive oil with some oyster sauce, about 1/2 cup cooked rice w/ pot roast (made with london broil, cream of mushroom, tomato soup, and onion soup mix), 4 bites of a concoction of said pot roast w/ spaghetti noodles (credit Alan), a hefty portion of popcorn while watching the latest episode of 24

No fitness today - neutral

Ramblings:

I could go on and on and live with regret about the decisions made today in the realm of diet, but I will not. Being a creature of habit, it takes time to change. My passion for the gastro experience lends to the proclivity I have for mass consumption. I have committed to eating healthier, and today, though not as good as yesterday, was better than the day before.* I see small victories, progress if you will, not perfection. I ate the broccoli upon arriving at my domicile and was greeted with great boastings of badass potroast. Did I eat some? Yes. Did I eat more than I should have? Probably. Did I eat less than I normally would? Unquestionably. The noodles and pot roast, I partook of, the mere novelty intriguing enough to draw me in. Lastly, the popcorn. I like popcorn - a lot. Made with oil, powdered salt (kosher salt ran through a coffee grinder until it produces a cloud), fresh rosemary and thyme (both herbs ran through said coffee grinder). I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ate more than I should have? Of course. But, about halfway through 24, I put down the paper bag (the big kind you get with groceries) that was used to mix everything and stopped eating it. Progress.


So, what does this all mean? Whenever I forget that bending over to tie my shoe is impeded by my 2 and 1/2 trimester protrusion, I will revert. Even when I do remember, I revert. Hopefully, I will change. But, I need time. Not to learn how to diet - I truly believe, that all diets ultimately fail, simply because, at some point, you stop - but to become accustomed to healthier eating habits.


*After work, the night before the 90 days started, I ate 16 chicken wings w/ bleu cheese and celery for dinner - not terrible, certainly not good. On the way home, I stopped and got some McDonald's: 1 ice cream cone, 1 hot fudge sundae w/ nuts, 2 apples pies (1 for 89cents and 2 for a dollar - duh), and an oreo cookie blizzard. Apparently, I knew this commitment was starting. Oh, and typically, for breakfast, I would eat 2 sausage and egg biscuits at work - the last couple of times, it was probably two sausage patties per biscuit along with the egg...

No comments:

Post a Comment